First things first: happy New Year! Wishing everyone health and happiness to unleash creativity throughout 2013! Bonne année!
It was with great enthusiasm that I found out yesterday that Johnny from Feed the piglet had nominated me for the “Blog of the Year 2012” Award. I must admit that it came somewhat as a surprise, considering that I’ve only recently begun to post entries more consistently.
This first year exploring the blogosphere a little more attentively has been filled with many discoveries. I’ve stumbled upon bloggers, each with their own voice, views and anecdotes. I’ve quickly discovered how interesting it can be to pause a moment and venture for a moment into other people’s universes.
Here are, in no particular order, a couple of great read that I nominate for “Blog of the Year 2012” Award. All the details regarding this process follow.
Vanessa: Ici et là
Full disclosure: Vanessa and I go way back. We’ve known each other since high school. But it’s through our respective blogs that we’ve recently reconnected. I started following her European adventures on Vanessa à Londres. Since she has returned to Montreal she has pursued her writing at Vanessa: ici et là, where she writes, en français, about hometown joys, trials and tribulations.
Sybaritica chronicles John’s passion for food and his life in Nunavut, in the Great Canadian North. Several entries feature Asian inspired recipes. The blogger takes great joy in sharing some ingredients that are sometimes off the beaten track in his foodstuff posts. In 2012, Canadian media spoke briefly on the high prices of food in northern Canada. It was fascinating to read about this issue first hand.
Feed the piglet
A trained chef, Johnny shares his adventures in foodthat he cooks at home. He has compiled an impressive index of recipes. Each of his posts present a recipe His posts detail the recipes with precision and are punctuated with insight and anecdotes on the process all done with a bit of humour. Beautiful photos of the food he prepares with care also accompany his posts.
Frugal Feeding is one of the first blogs that I’ve followed. I’ve enjoyed reading Nick’s posts ever since. Every post is concise and has the most excellent photos that food bloggers strive for.
Ate by Ate
Deb, a fellow Torontonian is the brains behind Ate by Ate. She chronicles her love for food through colourful posts. I appreciate the “local” content on her blog as she enthusiastically showcases what our city’s culinary scene has to offer.
There are many more great blogs out there. Looking forward to reading many more throughout the year.
Here’s how the nomination process works.
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award (http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/) and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!).
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards, which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Badges Here are the six badges for you to collect – you can either ‘swop’ your badge for the next one each time you are given the award – or even proudly display all six badges if you are lucky enough to be presented with the award six times! ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/